Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Many Updates!

Sorry I haven't been posting everyone, I've been super busy but here is some examples so that you can see what I've been up too.

Studio?


First things first, check out the new diggs!



Mankind:

Mankind was a hit and screened last month!  I am still waiting on the final edit from the director to post.

Safe Cig:

The Safe Cig Commercial turned out great check it out!


Commercial Company:

I have big news, my partners and I have started a small business where we film edit and render out commercials for local businesses in the Rochester Area.  I cannot talk about our clients, but as soon as we have the commercials finished I will post the details for each commercial.  If you are interested in hiring us to make a commercial for you, please contact Tim Weir at tweir@screenvision.com.

Projection Mapping:

This quarter, I will be in a projection technologies class where I have been leaning how to be a magician. Check it out!




Video Jockeying:

In the same class, I have been learning how to video jockey.  How I  would explain it is compositing looping animations to sync with music.  It awesome!

   

Look for video jockeying at this years pitch a tent on friday April 12


New Character Design:

In my rigging class I will be creating a new character.  I have chosen a teenager who is learning his way.  O and he has a deer head.  I have some sketches here of the basic character design.  I will be updating you with the rigging and the model.

 



New Animation!

I have been challenged to make an animation to highlight my rigging skills.  I will be doing an underwater scene based off of the fish tank in my fraternities lounge.  I have reference photos and sketches.  I'm hoping to have a small narrative done by the end of the quarter, but it may end up becoming a looping animation.

References:


        

Sketches: 




Memorial Art Gallery Final Project:

In my compositing class I got the opportunity to help shape the future.

1) Download Aurasma App from your app store (It's free)
2) In the app open the main menu and search for Dan Pise, my channel will pop up.
3) Click it and subscribe to the channel 
4) Open up the attached image on your computer and Point your phone with Aurasma running at it and watch it come alive!


This painting is hanging up in the Memorial Art Gallery here in Rochester.  Museum patrons are able to see all of our work at all the times ate the touch of a screen.




Now that this critique is over, this project has exploded.  It has been submitted in a couple of contests and is going to be featured at imagine RIT this year.  There is also a video that has been made at the museum during the critique.  It highlights the project and this is a step towards virtual reality.




No comments:

Post a Comment