Monday, November 5, 2012

Wayne Rooney Modeling Project

For my Modeling strategies class I have been working on a bust of soccer player Wayne Rooney.  The workflow that we used started in Mudbox where we pushed and pulled to create a reference mesh.  Then we brought the model into 3d Coat to retopologize based on our reference mesh.   Then we mapped out the UVs to apply normal maps and for texturing.


Here are some Reference images to show you what Rooney looks like.
Here is a front draw over with the reference image (on Left) and my Mudbox model (on Right).  Also I added color rings to mark the musculature of the face.
Here is a profile draw over with the reference image (on Left) and my Mudbox model (on Right).  Also I added color rings to mark the musculature of the face.




So this was my first attempt at Retopology.  But I ran into som issues with the edge loops coming from the Ear.

This was the Retopo that I ended up using.  As you can see the quads look much better.
All 4 of these close ups show different rings around the eyes mouth and ears.




This is my untextured mesh.


I am currently Mapping the UVs so these three images are supposed to show texture flow.



1 comment:

  1. Make sure you model for animation so it looks better on your reel

    Here is a GREAT resource to help you

    http://www.phungdinhdung.com/Studies_paper/Realistic_face_modeling.shtm

    ReplyDelete